Makes: 1 Bundt Cake Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 2 hours Baking Time: 45 – 50 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|200||g||Sugar (250 ml / 1 cup)|
|250||g||Butter or Margarine|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water (1 cup)|
|250||ml||Lukewarm milk (1 cup)|
|30||ml||Orange Juice (2 tbsp)|
|5||ml||Vanilla essence (1 tsp)|
|4||Large eggs, beaten
Icing sugar, to dust
Sugar Water Syrup
Mix 100 g (250 ml / 1 cup) sugar and 125 ml (½ cup) water together in a saucepan and bring to the boil over low
heat for about 5 minutes, whilst stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place the sugar and the butter/margarine in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix the cake flour and salt together. Add the Anchor Instant Dry Yeast and mix.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix the lukewarm water, milk and orange juice together and add to the butter mixture, alternating with the flour mixture. Mix until smooth, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Knock the dough down with a spoon and pour the batter into a 20 – 24 cm ring pan.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for 40 – 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out. Prick the bottom of the cake with a tooth pick and pour the sugar water slowly over the cake.
- Turn out and dust with icing sugar.