Makes: 1 Brown Bread Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
Quick, easy and healthy brown bread recipe. Simply delicious and fool proof.
||Brown bread flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )
||Salt ( 2 tsp )
||Sugar ( 2 tsp )
||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )
||Oil ( 2 tbsp )
||Lukewarm water ( ± 1⅓ cups )
- Mix the brown bread flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the oil and the lukewarm water together and add enough lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, pat into a rectangle, making sure the width is the length of the bread pan.
- Roll up into an oblong bread and place onto a greased baking tray, OR roll the dough up and place, seal towards the bottom, into a greased 1.5-litre-bread pan.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with water and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Tap the top of the bread with the knuckles, a hollow sound indicates that the bread is baked.