Makes: 6 Chocolate Mug Cakes Microwave: High
Preparation Time: 25 – 30 minutes Baking Time: 1 – 2 minutes
|250||g||Castor Sugar (1 cup)|
|180||g||Cake flour (250ml + 60 ml / 1½ cups)|
|Pinch of salt|
|60||ml||Cocoa (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|250||ml||Icing sugar (1 cup)|
|30||ml||Cocoa (2 tbsp)|
|5||ml||Vanilla essence (1 tsp)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|60||ml||Lukewarm water (¼ cup)|
|3||ml||Vinegar (½ tsp)|
|3||ml||Vanilla essence (½ tsp)|
|60||ml||Chocolate nibs or coarsely gratedbaking chocolate (¼ cup)|
- Beat the butter/margarine and castor sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix the cake flour, salt and cocoa together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Mix the milk, lukewarm water and vinegar together.
- Add the flour mixture and the liquid alternatively, whilst beating the mixture.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate nibs and mix to distribute evenly. Spoon the batter into 6 greased mugs or cups, filling them ¾ full.
- Heat a jug of water in the microwave for 3 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Place the mugs or cups into the microwave, on the outer edge of the glass plate and allow to rise for 5 minutes, with the door closed.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Allow a 2 minute standing time and remove from the microwave.
- Beat the butter/margarine, icing sugar and cocoa together until smooth. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Serve the Chocolate Mug Cakes with a dollop of chocolate icing.