Makes: 4 – 6 Fougasse or 1 Large Fougasse Oven: 210 °C / 410 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 5 – 8 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water ( 1 cup )|
|60||ml||Oil ( ¼ cup )|
|Olive oil, to brush|
|Grated cheese, to sprinkle|
- Mix the cake flour and salt together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix water and oil and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 4 – 6 equal pieces,
depending on the size of your choice.
- Roll each piece into a round, oval, square or leaf shape.
- Brush with Olive oil and sprinkle with grated
cheese of own choice or use any of the
- Place the shapes onto a greased baking tray.
Top with the filling and sprinkle with
- With a pair of scissors make some cuts
into the dough shapes and open the cuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at
210 °C / 410 °F for 5 – 8 minutes.
Variation – Toppings
Chilli sauce and cheese, olive
oil, chopped mushrooms and
cheese, chopped Peppadews
and Feta. Any topping goes.