Makes: 12 Stir and Drop Rolls Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Quick and easy to prepare and absolutely delicious, these Stir and Drop Rolls are made from a batter dough
|360||g||Cake flour ( 3 x 250 ml / 3 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|45||ml||Sugar ( 3 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|60||g||Margarine ( 4 tbsp )|
|125||ml||Warm milk ( ½ cup )|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water ( 1 cup )
( ⅓ warm water and ⅔ cold water )
|60||g||Oil ( 4 tbsp )|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|Milk, to brush|
|50||g||Cheddar cheese, grated|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Melt the margarine in the warm milk and allow to cool down.
- Mix the lukewarm water, warm milk, oil and beaten egg, and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Mix the dough well for 15 minutes, until the flour is thoroughly blended in the batter. Cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and drop spoonfuls into lightly greased muffin pans, making sure to divide the mixture equally, so each hollow is half full.
- Cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle each roll with a little grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.