Makes: 50 Biscuits Oven: 160 °C / 325 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
|250||g||Margarine / Butter|
|200||g||Sugar ( 250 ml / 1 cup )|
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|2||ml||Salt ( ¼ tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|125||ml||Lukewarm water ( ½ cup )|
|5||ml||Vanilla essence ( 1 tsp )|
|Cherries, silver balls, hundreds
and thousands or vermicelli
- Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg and mix.
- Mix dry ingredients, as well as the Anchor Instant Yeast together.
- Add dry ingredients and enough lukewarm water to the creamed margarine mixture, to form a soft dough. Knead well until smooth and elastic, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Form into small balls, place onto a greased baking tray and press flat with a fork OR place dough into a piping bag, with a nozzle, and pipe biscuits onto a greased baking tray OR fill a biscuit gun with dough and press biscuits onto a greased baking tray.
- Decorate with cherries, silver balls, hundreds and thousands or vermicelli and bake in a preheated oven at 160 °C / 325 °F for 15 – 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.