Makes: 1 x 900 g Raisin Bread Bread Machine: Menu 5
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes – Sweet Setting
|125||ml||Lukewarm water ( ½ cup )|
|80||ml||Lukewarm milk ( ⅓ cup )|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|60||ml||Sugar ( 4 tbsp )|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces ( 4 tbsp )|
|420||g||Cake flour ( 3 x 250 ml + 4 tbsp / 3¼ cups )|
|7||g||Anchor Bread Machine Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|140||g||Raisins ( 200 ml )
Milk, to brush
Sugar, to sprinkle
Sugar water glaze, to brush
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the cake flour and insert the pan into the
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the
Anchor Bread Machine Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press
menu 5 – sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the
machine will indicate with a beep sound for extra ingredients to be added. Open the lid and add the raisins.
Close the lid and allow the machine to continue with the cycle.
- When the time indicates about 1h15, open
the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with
milk and sprinkle with sugar. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for
10 minutes. Turn out and brush with the glaze for a shiny finish.
Brush with milk before baking and sprinkle with sugar.
Crust will be golden.
Sugar Water Glaze
Mix 100 g ( 250 ml ) ( 1 cup ) of sugar and 125 ml ( ½ cup )
water together in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Cool and store in the fridge. Use when required.