Makes: 12 Savoury Muffins Oven: 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
125mlCold meat (½ cup), chopped
|240||g||Cake flour (2 x 250 ml / 2 cups)|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|3||ml||Prepared mustard (½ tsp)|
|3||ml||Cayenne pepper (½ tsp)|
|30||ml||Onion (2 tbsp), chopped|
|30||ml||Peppadews (2 tbsp), chopped|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|60||g||Margarine (4 tbsp)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Cold water (⅓ cup)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|100||g||Cheddar cheese (200 ml), grated|
- Mix the cake flour, salt, sugar, mustard, cayenne pepper, cold meat, onion and peppadews together. Add the Anchor
Instant Yeast and mix.
- Melt the margarine in the warm milk and add the cold water and beaten egg.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the cheese, mix well and cover the bowl with plastic.Rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Knock down and place spoonfuls of the batter into greased muffin pans.
- Cover by elevating the plastic with small bowls and allow dough to rise until just before the brim of the hollow, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for 15 – 20 minutes
The batter can be made and placed in a sealed
container. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks and used