Makes: 2 Portuguese Breads Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
|360||g||Cake flour ( 3 x 250 ml / 3 cups )|
|120||g||White bread flour ( 1 x 250 ml / 1 cup )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|250||ml||Cooked sweet potato, mashed
( 1 cup, about 2 large sweet potatoes )
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|310||ml||Lukewarm water ( ± 1¼ cups )|
- Mix the cake flour, white bread flour and salt together.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and mix through.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough and knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with greased plastic and leave in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 2 equal pieces for two loaves.
- Roll each piece into a round. Flatten the dough by hand and place onto a greased baking tray, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown, or place in a cast iron pot and bake on an open fire.