Makes: 36 Rolls Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes Baking Time: 20 – 25 minutes
||Cake flour ( 8 x 250 ml / 8 cups )
||Salt ( 3 tsp )
||Sugar ( 2 tbsp )
||Margarine ( 4 tbsp )
||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )
||Milk ( 1 cup )
||Lukewarm water ( 1½ cups )
||Margarine, to brush
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough of the lukewarm water and milk mixture to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 36 equal pieces and shape into round balls.
- Place the balls, with spaces between them, onto a greased baking tray. Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place, until double the size, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for about 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with melted margarine for a shiny crust.