Makes: 24 Breakfast Crumpets Oil Temperature: 100 °C
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Frying Time: 30 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|60||ml||Sugar ( 4 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|125||ml||Warm milk ( ½ cup )|
|310||ml||Cold Water (+- 1 1/4 cup )|
|30||ml||Oil ( 2 tbsp )|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|125||ml||Cranberry health mix
( dried cranberries, peanuts, almonds, raisins
and pumpkin seeds )
|Oil, for frying|
|125||ml||Fresh cream, whipped|
|Berry jam, to serve|
|100||6||Dark baking chocolate, melted|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Combine the warm milk, cold water, oil and beaten eggs together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Mix well until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add the cranberry health mix and mix until well distributed.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan; griddle or an electric frying pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. Fry until bubbles appear on the surface of the crumpets. Turn over and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, berry jam and melted chocolate.
Eggs may be substituted with
vinegar in the case of non-egg
users. Use 30 ml ( 2 tbsp )
vinegar and 20 ml ( 4 tsp )
water per egg. Mix as per
the method and add in place
of the egg.