Makes: 4 – 6 Calzones Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|185||ml||Lukewarm water ( ¾ cup )|
|30||ml||Olive oil or flavoured Avocado oil|
|250||g||Spinach, washed and chopped|
|250||g||Cooked ham, coarsely chopped|
|Oil, to brush|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the lukewarm water and oil together and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. If the dough is too dry and firm, add about 10 – 20 ml extra water. The dough must be soft and pliable.
- Knead the dough well for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare and mix the filling ingredients together. Season to taste.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 4 – 6 equal pieces and roll each piece into a round ball.
- Roll each ball on a lightly floured surface into a 24 cm round. Brush the rounds with oil and place filling on the one half of the round. Flip the other half over the filling and press the ends together. Make sure the dough is well sealed. Slit the top once or twice or prick several times with a fork.
- Place the calzones onto a lightly greased baking tray, cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about
10 – 15 minutes.
- Brush with oil and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.