Makes: 36 Ama-Frittas Oil Temperature: 160 °C
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Frying Time: 1 hour
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp )|
|60||ml||Sugar ( 4 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|250||ml||Warm milk ( 1 cup )|
|400||ml||Cold water ( ± 1¾ cups )|
|30||ml||Oil ( 2 tbsp )|
|Oil, for deep frying|
|Sugar or Cinnamon sugar, to roll in ( optional )|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Combine warm milk, cold water and oil together. Allow to cool down and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Mix well until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and leave in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Fill a saucepan half way with oil, then heat. Drop spoonfuls of batter carefully into the hot oil and fry on both sides, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil with a draining spoon and place onto brown paper or a paper towel to drain.
- Roll each fritta in plain sugar or cinnamon sugar or leave plain.