Makes: 1 Milk Loaf Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|30||g||Margarine ( 2 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|185||ml||Warm milk ( ¾ cup )|
|125||ml||Cold water ( ½ cup )|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the margarine and rub into the flour with the fingertips.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix. Add milk and water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a round ball.
- Place the 12 balls into a greased 1.5-litre-bread pan along side each other.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 30 – 35 minutes.