Makes: 1 litre Gluhwein Preparation Time: 1 hour
|1||Orange, cut in half, juice and keep the orange half skin
( 1 cup juice )
|125||ml||Brown sugar ( ½ cup )|
|60||ml||Honey ( ¼ cup )|
|2||ml||Allspice ( ¼ tsp )|
|2×10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 2 packets )|
|1||Bottle red wine ( 1 x 750 ml ), not expensive|
|60||ml||Brandy ( ¼ cup )|
- Mix orange juice, brown sugar, honey, allspice, cardomons, star anise, stick cinnamon together in a saucepan and bring to the boil, whilst stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Stick the whole cloves into the orange peel halves and add to the simmering mixture.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes, making sure the heat is not too high.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast, red wine and brandy and heat through.
- Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Preheat mugs or glasses in warm water
to prevent glasses to crack or break.
- Serve the Gluhwein in warmed up
glasses and enjoy!
The Anchor Yeast adds to the
flavour, with a