Makes: 1 Pull-Apart Bread Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)
||Salt (1½ tsp)
||Sugar (1 tsp)
||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)
||Lukewarm water (1¼ cup)
||Herb and Garlic mix (2 tsp)
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the margarine and rub into the flour with the fingertips.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix. Add enough lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes..
- Mix the melted butter together with the herb and garlic mix.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 24 equal pieces. Pat each piece flat, by hand, and shape each roughly into a 9 cm x 12 cm rectangle.
- Brush the rectangles with the herb and garlic butter. Fold the dough in half, but don’t press down hard.
- Place a greased 1.5 litre bread pan upright on its short side. Start placing the folded pieces of dough into the pan the rest of the herb and garlic butter over the dough pieces, ensuring that the sides are covered with butter.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for 30 – 35 minutes, or until golden brown and baked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest in the oven about 5 minutes before turning out. Serve warm.