Makes: 1 Brown / White Bread Oven: 200 ºC / 400 ºF
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
|500||g||Gluten-free Brown or White Bread Mix
( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|30||ml||Sugar ( 2 tbsp )|
|30||g||Margarine ( 2 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|310||ml||Lukewarm water ( 1¼ cups )|
|Milk, to brush|
- Mix the Gluten-free Brown or White Bread Mix, salt and sugar together. Rub the margarine into the flour, with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Knead the dough well until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, and pat into a rectangle of 30 x 25 cm. The width of the dough must be the length of the bread pan.
- Roll the dough up from one end to the other, seal the edge. Place the roll, sealed side down, into a greased
- Brush lightly with milk, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ºC / 400 ºF for 30 – 35 minutes.