Makes: 1 Savarin Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
|240||g||Cake flour ( 2 x 250 ml / 2 cups )|
|2||ml||Salt ( ¼ tsp )|
|60||ml||Castor sugar ( 4 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|125||ml||Lukewarm milk ( ½ cup )|
|60||ml||Lukewarm water ( ¼ cup )|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|15||ml||Cherry liqueur ( 1 tbsp ) ( optional )
Fresh cream, whipped
Bring 250 ml ( 1 cup of water ), 185 ml ( ¾ cup ) sugar and 15 ml cherry liqueur ( 1 tbsp ) ( optional ) to the boil. Pour over the Savarin, whilst still hot.
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix milk, margarine, water and beaten egg together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Beat the batter until smooth. Cover with greased plastic and rest for 10 – 15 minutes. Knock the batter down, add the liqueur and stir.
- Pour the batter into a 20 cm-ring-pan, cover with greased plastic and leave in a warm place to rise, for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn out of the pan and drizzle the syrup over the Savarin, until well soaked. Prick the top of the Savarin with a toothpick for the syrup to soak through.
- Place on a serving plate and decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit.