Makes: 1 Italian Olive Flat Bread Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
|500||g||White bread flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|375||ml||Lukewarm water ( 1½ cups )|
|60||ml||Olive oil ( ¼ cup ), to brush|
|Black olives, pitted and sliced|
- Mix the white bread flour, salt and sugar together.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water and oil to the flour mixture to
form a soft dough. Add extra liquid, if necessary.
- Mix the dough until roughly mixed. Place the dough
into a sealed container and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, place into a sealed container and
refrigerate until required. Cut off a piece of dough,
as required when wanting to make fresh bread.
- Knock the dough down and pat into any desired
shape, for a flat bread. Place onto a floured baking tray,
cover with plastic and leave in a warm place to
rise until double, about 20 minutes.
- Brush with olive oil and arrange the sliced
olives over the flat bread.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F
for 25 – 30 minutes, until evenly brown and
crisp. Serve warm, garnished with
Use the dough as per the above recipe. Knock the
dough down, whilst working in 100 g chopped olives
( black or green ) as well as 30 ml ( 2 tbsp ) olive oil. Cover
with plastic and leave to rest once more. Scoop onto a lightly
floured baking tray and shape into an oblong shape. Slit with
a sharp knife over the top. Cover with plastic and rise
in a warm place for 15 – 20 min. Brush bread with olive oil and
bake at 200 °C / 400 °F for 30 – 35 minutes, or until golden.