Makes: 16 Chouriço Rolls Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water ( 1 cup )|
|60||ml||Oil ( ¼ cup )|
|30||ml||Olive oil ( 2 tbsp )|
|2||Chouriço sausages, cut into pieces|
|250||ml||Cheddar cheese ( 1 cup ), grated|
|1||Beaten egg, to brush|
- Mix the cake flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix water and oil and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Add about 15 – 30 ml of lukewarm water, should the dough be too dry.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough with lightly greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and roll out into a 50 x 10 cm rectangle. Lift the rolled out dough up to shrink back and place onto the surface. Start on the bottom left hand corner of the dough and make a mark, and then every 6 cm until the end. On the top left hand corner – measure 3 cm and make a mark. Thereafter make a mark every 6 cm until the end. (See diagram above for cutting).
- Line up the bottom markings with the top markings in a zig-zag pattern and cut the dough up and down to each mark.
You should now have 16 triangles.
- Brush the triangles with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each triangle with chouriço sausage pieces and grated cheese.
- Roll each triangle up into a roll, starting from the wide end of the triangle and rolling
up to the point of the triangle.
- Place each roll onto a greased baking tray and cover with lightly
greased plastic and allow to rise for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush gently and evenly with egg and bake in
a preheated oven for 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for
15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown.