Makes: 1 Savoury Ring Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 20 – 25 minutes
|360||g||Cake flour ( 3 x 250 ml / 3 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|150||ml||Lukewarm water ( ½ cup + 2 tbsp ) ( ⅓ warm water + ⅔ cold water )|
|1||Large egg, beaten
Beaten egg, to brush
Flour, to dust
|230||g||Cold meat, chopped|
|100||g||Cheddar cheese ( 200 ml ), grated|
|45||ml||Tomato puree ( 3 tbsp )|
|30||ml||Onion, chopped ( 2 tbsp )|
|60||ml||Green and red pepper ( 4 tbsp of each ), chopped Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Rub the margarine into the dry ingredients with the fingertips.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water and beaten egg to the flour mixture to form a soft dough and knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and rest for 10 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a 23 cm-round-cake tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together and season to taste.
- Knock the dough down and roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 5 mm (¼ inch) thick.
- Spread the filling evenly over the surface of the dough and roll the dough up into a roll. Pinch the seam closed to seal and turn the seam towards the bottom and to the incer side of the ring.
- Place the roll, fold side down, onto a greased baking tray and shape into a ring. Join the ends by opening the one end and placing the other into the opening, then seal well.
- Using a scissors, cut the ring from the outside side of the ring towards the
inner circle – about ¾ way in. Slices are about 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart.
- Cover with greased plastic and rise in a
warm place for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Dust the inner edge with flour and
bake in a preheated oven
200 °C / 400 °F for
20 – 25 minutes until