Makes: 1 Cheese & Garlic Party Wheel Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|45||g||Margarine ( 3 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water ( approx. 1¼ cups )|
|Grated cheese, to sprinkle|
|Flour, to dust|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 13 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a round ball and place 3 balls onto a greased baking tray, in the shape of a clover leaf. Place the 10 remaining balls around the clover leaf, to form a circle.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with grated cheese, or dust with flour.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for
25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the 3 centre buns and replace with a bowl of chilli sauce.
Use the above dough recipe and arrange the balls into a round cake tin. Cover with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Melt 60 g ( 4 tbsp ) margarine and add 10 ml ( 2 tsp ) crushed garlic and 5 ml ( 1 tsp ) chopped parsley or dried herbs. Allow mixture to cool down to lukewarm, pour over the buns and rise for a further 10 – 15 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.