Makes: 24 Bacon Potato Pancakes Oil Temperature: 100 °C
Preparation Time: 1 hour Frying Time: 1 hour
|120||g||Cake flour ( 1 x 250 ml / 1 cup )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )
Pinch of pepper
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|2||Potatoes peeled and grated|
|2||Spring onions, finely chopped|
|125||ml||Cheddar cheese, grated ( ½ cup )|
|4||Bacon rashers, chopped|
|2||Large eggs, slightly beaten
Oil, to fry
- Mix the cake flour, salt and pepper together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the grated potato, spring onion, grated cheese, bacon and beaten egg and mix until a soft batter.
- Cover with a lightly greased plastic and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the batter down and leave to stand, whilst warming the oil.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. Fry until golden brown, on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel. Serve with apple sauce.