Makes: 12 Pita Breads Oven: 210 °C / 425 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Try this flat bread pita recipe and get ready to be making your own pita weekly!
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|7||ml||Salt ( 1½ tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|5||ml||Rosemary ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|15||g||Margarine ( 1 tbsp )|
|125||ml||Lukewarm milk ( ½ cup )|
|2||Large eggs (beaten)|
|125||ml||Lukewarm water ( ½ cup )|
- Rub the margarine into the cake flour with the fingertips and mix with the other ingredients.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add lukewarm milk, eggs and enough lukewarm water and mix to form a soft dough. If the dough is too dry, add a little more water.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls, roll out into circles 1 cm thick and ± 20 cm in diameter and place on a greased baking tray. Allow to rise until double in volume, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210 °C / 425 °F for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cut horizontally and fill with any filling of your choice.