Makes: 1 Mielie Bread Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
||Butter / Margarine
||Sugar ( 250 ml / 1 cup )
||Salt ( ¼ tsp )
||Cake flour ( 2 x 250 ml / 2 cups )
||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )
||Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Cream the butter / margarine and sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Add the salt and the beaten egg and stir until well blended.
- Mix the cake flour and the Anchor Instant Yeast together and add to the butter mixture. Mix together.
- Cover the bowl with lightly greased plastic and leave the batter to rest for 20 minutes.
- Knock the batter down with a wooden spoon and add the creamstyle sweetcorn and whole kernel corn. Mix through until well blended.
- Place the batter into a greased 1.5-litre-bread pan, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for
20 – 25 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for
25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.