Makes: 16 Wrap ‘n Snacks Oil Temperature: 100 °C
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 1 hour
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|45||g||Margarine ( 3 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water ( ± 1¼ cups )|
|Oil, to fry|
|30||ml||Oil ( 2 tbsp )|
|250||g||Lean beef, cut into strips|
|5||ml||Crushed garlic ( 1 tsp ), optional|
|10||ml||Soya sauce ( 2 tsp )|
|Seasoning, to taste|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the
margarine into the cake flour with the fingertips.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead
the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased
plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 16 equal pieces and roll into thin circles.
- Brush a little oil onto a frying pan, heat and fry the dough wraps on both sides until light brown.
Keep warm, wrapped in plastic (oil the pan when necessary).
- Heat the oil for the filling, fry the beef strips until browned, add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Place the filling onto the dough wrap, fold in the bottom piece, followed by each side of the wrap to form a pocket. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
Any topping or filling can be used for the above recipe. Be creative with a variety of choices. “Leftovers” can also be used, together with your favourite sauces for Wrap ‘n Snacks.