Makes: 1 Pumpkin and Chilli Bread Oven: 190 °C / 375 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
|360||g||White Bread flour (3 x 250ml /3 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|15||ml||Sugar (1 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|30||ml||Oil (2 tbsp)|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water (1 cup)|
|80||ml||Plain yoghurt (⅓ cup)|
|1||Small onion, finely chopped|
|15||ml||Cumin seeds (1 tbsp), roughly crushed|
|2||ml||Chill powder (¼ tsp)|
|125||ml||Pumpkin or butternut, peeled, cooked and mashed|
- Mix the white bread flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the oil, lukewarm water and yoghurt together and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic, cover with a greased plastic and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and add the onion, cumin, chilli powder and the pumpkin or butternut. Knead until the ingredients are well distributed through the dough. Cover with plastic and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down lightly, divide into 2 equal pieces. Pat each piece into a flat, oval shape. Start at the one end and roll up in the length. Keep the middle as is and roll the ends slightly thinner into a torpedo shape.
- Place into a medium sized greased bread pan or place onto a lightly floured baking tray, cover with a lightly greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 25 – 30 minutes. Cut slits over the top of the bread, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C / 375 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.