Makes: 12 Raisin Muffins Oven: 180 °C / 350 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)
||Salt (1 tsp)
||Sugar (⅓ cup)
||Margarine (4 tbsp)
||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)
||Lukewarm water (¾ cup)
||Large egg, beaten
||Raisins (½ cup)
||Sugar (1 cup)
||Water (½ cup)
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together. Rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the lukewarm water, milk and egg together.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Mix with a spoon until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins by mixing well until the fruit is evenly mixed through the dough. Cover with plastic and allow to rest for
- Knock the dough down once more and fill the greased muffin pan hollows ¾ full, making sure the hollows are evenly filled.
- Place 1 – 3 small containers on top of the muffin pan to lift the plastic, so that it does not stick to the dough when rising.
Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown. Brush with the sugar water glaze.