Makes: 12 Cheese Drop Rolls Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
|240||g||Gluten-free White Bread Mix ( 2 x 250 ml / 2 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|30||ml||Sugar ( 2 tbsp )|
|3||ml||Dry mustard ( ½ tsp )|
|3||ml||Cayenne pepper ( ½ tsp )|
|60||g||Margarine ( 4 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|180||ml||Lukewarm water ( ± ¾ cup )|
|5||ml||Cider vinegar ( 1 tsp )|
|2||Large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1||Egg white ( large egg ), lightly beaten|
|250||ml||Cheddar cheese, grated ( 1 cup )|
- Mix the Gluten-free White Bread Mix, salt, sugar, mustard and cayenne pepper together. Rub the margarine into the flour, with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water, vinegar, 2 beaten eggs and 1 beaten egg white to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Mix the dough well until smooth and elastic, for about 10 minutes.
- Cover with greased plastic and rest for 15 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and fill greased, muffin pan hollows ¾ full. Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise for
20 – 25 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ºC / 400 ºF for
30 – 35 minutes, until golden brown.