Makes: 12 Sweet Apple Muffins Oven: 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
|240||g||Cake flour (2 x 250 ml / 2 cups)|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|5||ml||Cinnamon (1 tsp)||10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|60||g||Margarine (4 tbsp)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Cold water (⅓ cup)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|125||ml||Tinned apple slices (½ cup), each slice cut in half|
|60||ml||Cinnamon sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||ml||Almonds (4 tbsp), finely chopped|
- Mix the cake flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon together.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Melt the margarine in the warm milk and add the cold water and beaten egg.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture and beat until smooth and free of lumps.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Knock down and place spoonfuls of the batter into greased muffin pans.
- Press a piece of apple into the centre of the muffin and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and chopped almonds.
- Cover by elevating the plastic with small bowls and allow dough to rise until just before the brim of the muffin hollows, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for 15 – 20 minutes.