Makes: 1 Raisin Bread Oven: 180 ºC / 375 ºF
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Baking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
|500||g||Almond Flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|5||ml||Salt ( 1 tsp )|
|60||ml||Sugar ( 4 tbsp )|
|60||g||Margarine ( 4 tbsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|125||ml||Lukewarm water ( ½ cup )|
|80||ml||Milk ( ⅓ cup )|
|75||g||Raisins ( 125 ml / ½ cup )|
|1||Beaten egg, to brush|
|Sugar, to sprinkle|
- Mix the Almond Flour, salt and sugar together. Rub the margarine into the flour, with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the beaten egg, lukewarm water and milk together and add to the flour mixture to form a soft dough.
Knead the dough well until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and rest for 15 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and work the raisins into the dough until well distributed. Pat into a rectangle of
30 x 25 cm. The width of the dough must be the length of the bread pan.
- Roll the dough up from one end to the other, seal the edge. Place the roll, sealed side down, into a greased 1,5-litre-bread pan.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for
35 – 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ºC / 375 ºF for
25 – 30 minutes.