Makes: 36 Spinach Bites
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes Frying: In oil until golden brown
|1||Bunch spinach, washed and chopped|
|120||g||Cake flour ( 1 x 250 ml ) ( 1 cup )|
|2||ml||Salt ( ¼ tsp )|
|Pinch of Pepper|
|5||ml||Aromat ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|30||ml||Lukewarm water ( 2 tbsp )|
|750||ml||Oil, for frying|
- Mix the spinach and onion together.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and Aromat together.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix
- Mix the flour mixture with enough lukewarm water to form a thick batter.
- Add the batter to the spinach mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and leave in a warm place to rise for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Knock the batter down very lightly and drop teaspoons full of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry each fritter, turning the fritters continuously, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil with a draining spoon and place onto brown paper or a paper towel to drain.