Makes: 36 Garlic Sticks or 48 Twisters Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour 40 minutes Baking Time: 8 – 10 minutes
|500||g||Cake flour ( 4 x 250 ml / 4 cups )|
|10||ml||Salt ( 2 tsp )|
|5||ml||Sugar ( 1 tsp )|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water ( ± 1¼ cups )|
|45||ml||Olive oil ( 3 tbsp )|
|125||g||Margarine ( ½ cup )|
|10||ml||Crushed garlic ( 2 tsp )|
|5||ml||Chopped parsley ( 1 tsp )|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, add the
Anchor Instant Yeast and mix together well.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and
knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with
greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Melt the margarine, add garlic and parsley and allow
to cool until lukewarm.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 36 equal pieces.
Roll each piece into a strip of about 15 cm.
- Dip each into the garlic butter and place onto a baking
tray, slightly apart from each other.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm
place for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for
8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Follow the steps 1 – 3 for the garlic sticks. Knock the
dough down and roll out into a rectangle. Cut into
5 mm (¼ inch) strips and then cut the dough in half
lengthwise, about 48 strips. Brush the strips with
water and sprinkle with barbeque spice,
herb spice, peri-peri or coarse salt. Twist each strip 3 times and
place next to one another onto a greased baking
tray. Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a
warm place, about 10 minutes. Bake in a preheated
oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 8 – 10 minutes, or
until golden brown.