Makes: 24 Steam Bread Rounds / Dombolo Rounds Steaming Time: 1 hour
Preparation Time: 2 hours Steaming Temperature: Plate setting – no 2 – 3
||Cake flour ( 8 x 250 ml / 8 cups )
||Salt ( 2 tsp )
||Sugar ( 2 tsp )
||Margarine ( 4 tbsp )
||Anchor Instant Yeast ( 1 packet )
||Lukewarm water ( 2½ cups )
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the margarine and rub into the flour with the fingertips.
Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Add about 20 – 30 ml extra water, should it be necessary. The dough must not be too stiff.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, knock down the dough and roll up into a roll. Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a round ball and place into greased muffin pan hollows.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Place the muffin pan onto a rack into the prepared saucepan of boiling water. Make sure the lid is dry and cover with the lid to steam for 30 minutes, or until cooked. Don’t lift the during the steaming time, as the dough will collapse.
- Carefully lift the muffin pan from the saucepan and place onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, loosen the sides with your finger, pulling it away from the side.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack. Once cooled, slice and serve with a delicious stew.